(WVLT) - Several people are back in their homes after a gas leak caused them to be evacuated. The incident happened last night at about 10:00pm on Seminole Road in East Knoxville. The Knoxville Utilities Board says the frozen ground caused a gas main to crack. Workers evacuated several homes in the area just as a precaution. They did not have to shut service off for any customers while they repaired the problem. KUB finished the work by about 2:00am and allowed the people back in their homes.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.