East Knoxville Blaze Injures 1

Knoxville (WVLT) - A woman is recovering after she was injured in a house fire Wednesday evening.

Firefighters say it started in the kitchen of a home on McDonald road around 5:30p.m. Firefighters were able to put the fire out, but when they checked the inside of the home, they found a woman unconscious in a back bedroom.

"The crews were able to pull her out. She had a pulse, but she was breathing very erratic, and they were able to resuscitate her. She had a high carbon monoxide level, which you would expect from the amount of smoke and fire emanating from this building," fire captain Darrell Whitaker said.

The woman was taken to UT Medical Center. Her name and condition aren't being released. Authorities say there was a smoke detector inside the home, but they're not sure if it worked.


6450 Papermill Drive Knoxville, TN 37919 Phone - (865) 450-8888; Fax - (865) 450-8869
Copyright © 2016 WVLT-TV Inc. - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 4973071 - local8now.com/a?a=4973071
Gray Television, Inc.