Anderson County (WVLT) - Fire damaged a house in Anderson County overnight and officials say it may have been arson.
Fire crews went to the home on Cove Lane in the Marlow Community just before midnight to find the two-story house engulfed in flames.
Firefighters called in for help from other departments when a natural gas line broke and sparked another blaze.
No one was in the home at the time and no one was hurt.
Dwight Chase with the Marlow Volunteer Fire Department says the incident is suspicious because the house had no power and there have been a number of recent fires in the same area.
"We've had a string of fires here within the last year, probably four or five structure fires, some car fires. I think there's just some bad blood in the area," said Chase.
The owner of the house that burned overnight has requested fire investigators look into the fire.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.