Courtesy: Knoxville Fire Department
KNOXVILLE, TENN. (WVLT) -- A fire in East Knoxville sent two to the hospital Friday afternoon.
An elderly, bedridden man was trapped inside the home on Skyline Drive, which caught fire close to 4 p.m. Friday.
Two men across the street saw the smoke and rushed to help.
One man ran inside to save the elderly man, and the other called 911.
When firefighters arrived, they found the man who ran inside passed out on the driveway.
Both that man and the elderly man were taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.
Their conditions have not been released.
The Knoxville Fire Department says the fire began in the home's basement.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.