ALCOA, Tenn. (WVLT)- Everyone's back in their homes this morning-- but there were some tense moments after a gas leak, in the Springbrook area of Aloca.
It's a story we first brought you at 11.
Fire officals tell us it happended around 8:45 last night-- when crews were sent to check out a strong smell of gas-- under several houses on Mills Street.
Residents in three homes were evacuated-- as crews fixed the problem.
Alcoa fire chief Roger Robinson says "Anytime anyone smells the odor of gas or anything like that, they need to contact the gas company or the fire department. "
The six displaced residents were able to go back home around 11:30 last night. No one was hurt.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.