KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- A woman trapped in the basement of a burning home was pulled to safety by firefighters and police officers late Wednesday night.
The woman told firefighters the fire started around 10:30 p.m. when she knocked over some candles and couldn't put out the flames. The basement where she was had no windows or doors to the outside, leaving emergency crews trying to figure out how to free her.
Officers Cynthia Demarcus and Haley Starr and Fire Captain Steve Kidwell finally spotteed her and got her out.
She and the officers were taken to the hospital with smoke inhalation. They are expected to recover.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.