Grease blamed for Sevier County apartment fire

Sevier County Firefighters worked to save a fire from spreading to other apartments on Tuesday.

(Source: Sevier County Fire Department)

SEVIERVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- Sevier County Firefighters worked to save a fire from spreading to other apartments on Tuesday.

Around 2:30 p.m. firefighters were called to Murrell Meadows Drive for an apartment fire. Firefighters say they were able to contain the fire to just one apartment.

According to Sevier County Fire Spokesperson Paul Lambert, the fire was started by grease where someone was cooking and no one was hurt in the fire.

Other residents evacuated were allowed to return to their homes shortly after the fire was put out.


Join the Conversation!

While WVLT allows comments on articles, we ask that you respect the online community. Comments may be removed at any time for violations including:

  • Obscenity, profanity, vulgarity, racism, violent descriptions, name-calling or personal attacks.
  • Abuse of multiple accounts.
  • Off-topic comments.

Comments may be checked for inappropriate content or rule violation, but the station is under no legal obligation to monitor or remove comments. If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator. 
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

powered by Disqus

WVLT VOLUNTEER TV

6450 Papermill Drive Knoxville, TN 37919 Phone - (865) 450-8888; Fax - (865) 450-8869
Copyright © 2014 WVLT-TV Inc. - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 180250711 - local8now.com/a?a=180250711
Gray Television, Inc.