Grease blamed for Sevier County apartment fire

(Source: Sevier County Fire Department)

(Source: Sevier County Fire Department)

SEVIERVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- Sevier County Firefighters worked to save a fire from spreading to other apartments on Tuesday.

Around 2:30 p.m. firefighters were called to Murrell Meadows Drive for an apartment fire. Firefighters say they were able to contain the fire to just one apartment.

According to Sevier County Fire Spokesperson Paul Lambert, the fire was started by grease where someone was cooking and no one was hurt in the fire.

Other residents evacuated were allowed to return to their homes shortly after the fire was put out.

Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to Please provide detailed information.

powered by Disqus


6450 Papermill Drive Knoxville, TN 37919 Phone - (865) 450-8888; Fax - (865) 450-8869
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2014 WVLT-TV Inc. - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 180250711