KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT)-- The Knoxville Fire Department responded to a house fire at 3248 Wilderness Road at 11:50 p.m. Saturday.
Captain D.J. Corcoran reported that firefighters found heavy smoke and visible flames upon arrival. Fire crews were able to contain most of the damage to the kitchen and dining area.
Three people were at home during the fire. All escaped without injury.
The cause of the fire appears to be accidental. A resident of the home said a pot of grease had been left on a heated stovetop.
The American Red Cross will assist the family with a temporary place to stay.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.