KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- An early morning fire sent two people to the hospital early Wednesday morning, according to the Knoxville Fire Dept. Investigators determined the it was started near a wall socket in the front living room and ruled it an accident.
KPD officers responding to a disturbance call were the first to arrive at the home on Massachusetts Ave. shortly before 2:30 a.m. When they got there they found a man standing in his front yard spraying water from a garden hose onto his home. They immediately called in firefighters.
Officers then asked the man if anyone was still inside. When he said "yes," one of the officers rushed inside, while the other took over on the house. Right around that time, firefighters arrived and helped the officer get a woman to safety.
Two people had to be taken to UT Medical Center to be treated for smoke inhalation and other minor injuries, firefighters said.
Two large dogs were also pulled from the home and given oxygen by EMS personnel. Firefighters said they appear to be fine. A neighbor agreed to take them in.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.