KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- Knoxville firefighters were able to extinguish a clothes dryer fire before it could spread to other homes at the Sutherland Park Apartments on Wednesday, according to the Knoxville Fire Dept.
By the time they arrived, the flames had triggered the alarm and sprinkler system. Firefighters were able to quickly put out the rest of the flames and start clearing out all of the smoke.
No one was hurt in the fire and firefighters were ale to contain it to the single apartment. KFD said that resident has moved into another apartment within the building
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.