SEYMOUR, Tenn. (WVLT) -- A Seymour veteran lost nearly everything after a fire destroyed his business and home off Chapman Highway Friday evening.
The fire started around 6 p.m. at the Seymour Flea Market at the intersection of Chapman Hwy and Shiloh Church Rd.
Fire crews ran into problems putting the flames out due to the limited water supply at the scene and the highly flammable antiques and furniture inside.
Crews were forced to shut down Chapman Hwy in both directions for several hours.
Bud Counsio ran the Flea Market, and he also lived there with several pets, which were trapped inside.
Counsio says he was coming home from the VA Clinic when he got a call, " Get here fast because your place is up in smoke."
The fire destroyed nearly everything at the Flea Market, including his home on the property.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.