Teen dies after choking on dog lead

IRVINE, Ky. (AP) -- A coroner says a central Kentucky teenager died after falling and catching a dog lead he was wearing and choking to death.

Estill County Coroner Tony Murphy called the death of 16-year-old Tony Conley's death a "tragic accident."

Conley died Friday on a deck at an Estill County home. Murphy told the Lexington Herald-Leader (http://bit.ly/12FIMsP ) Conley was joking with friends on the last day of school and put the dog lead around his neck.

Murphy says the Estill County High School football player "tripped or just fell" near the stairs and choked to death.

Visitation will be 5 to 9 p.m. Wednesday at the Estill County High School auditorium and 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Thursday at the high school football field with services to follow at 2 p.m. Thursday.


Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to webmaster@wvlt-tv.com. Please provide detailed information.

powered by Disqus

WVLT VOLUNTEER TV

6450 Papermill Drive Knoxville, TN 37919 Phone - (865) 450-8888; Fax - (865) 450-8869
Copyright © 2014 WVLT-TV Inc. - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 208127011 - local8now.com/a?a=208127011
Gray Television, Inc.