KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- This weekend will be rainy, but there's still plenty for you and your family to get out and do.
- Rossini Festival kicks off Saturday from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. on Gay Street and Market Square.
Despite rain, 80,000 people are expected to show up for the street fair featuring food and drinks, an artisan market and live music and dance.
- The second annual Volunteer Canoe and Kayak Race will take off at Riverside Landing Park at 8 a.m.
Participants can choose between an 80 mile, 46 mile, 28 mile or 5 mile race. Race classes will include Men's and Women's solo, Men's and Women's tandem, Mixed tandem, Team, and more.
Events are open to all paddle, peddle, and stand-up paddlers. Expect to see 52 racers from 15 different states.
- Ijams Nature Center will hold it's "Make-it, Take-it Rain Barrel." For $35 learn how to make a rain barrel out of a 55gal drum and leave with a completed rain barrel ready to use.
The even runs from 10 a.m. to noon.
- Keep Anderson County Beautiful is hosting its sixth annual Earth Day festival in Oak Ridge Saturday and Sunday.
Everyone's invited to join the weekend festival that features free activities and events to promote environmental education and encourage individuals to create and contribute to a sustainable community.
- Maryville College will host its second annual Yellow Ribbon Car Show Saturday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m in the Clayton Center for the Arts parking lot. It's free and open to all featuring new, old and unusual cars, trucks and motorcycles.
Expect food, drink and family friendly activities. There's also a chance to buy, sell or trade car, truck and motorcycle parts.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.