Knoxville (WVLT) - Medic Regional Blood Center has issued an emergency need for both O Positive and O Negative blood types.
According to reports, as of Wednesday, Medic is back ordered over 50 pints of O Positive blood.
That means that Medic could not fulfill hospital orders.
Medic needs all eligible donors to please stop by a blood drive today.
Medic has two locations one in downtown Knoxville and one in Farragut.
Community drives are also planned:
· BB&T in Sevierville, 9am- 3pm, bloodmobile.
· Curves in Clinton, 10am- 6pm, Bloodmobile.
· East Tennessee Human Resource Agency, 9111 Cross Park Drive, 8am- 5pm, Bloodmobile.
· SEO Therapy, 1128 Weisgarber Road, 10am – 6pm, Bloodmobile.
· Walter’s State Community College in Sevierville, 10am- 6pm, Inside Lobby.
All donors must be at least 17 years of age, weigh 110 pounds or more and have positive identification.
Donors must be well and healthy when donating blood. All blood stays in the greater East Tennessee area to help our local community.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.