- Alzheimer's may take as many lives as heart disease or cancer, far surpassing current estimates that list the disease as the sixth-leading cause of death in the U.S., according to new research.
- Big pharma routinely pays doctors to promote its products, but soon patients will be able to get a clearer picture about a doctor's possible connections to the companies that make the drugs they may prescribe.
- Most people who abuse addictive prescription painkillers get them for free from friends or relatives, while drug dealers are a relatively uncommon source for those at highest risk for deadly overdoses, a government study found.
- Faced with the grim reality that 12 year old son Louie will soon lose the ability to see the world around him, a New Zealand family decided to embark on an international sightseeing tour.
- Though doctors may disinfect their hands to prevent spreading illness, there may be another bacteria-ridden object they have on them that doesn't get the same cleaning treatment: their stethoscopes