- A criminal complaint charges Timothy Zickuhr - who appeared on the History Channel's "Ice Road Truckers" - with first-degree kidnapping, extortion and coercion related to the incident on Dec. 19, 2013.
- FBI officials say a 16-year-old boy stowed away in the wheel well of a flight from California to Hawaii, surviving the trip halfway across the Pacific Ocean unharmed despite frigid temperatures at 38,000 feet and a lack of oxygen.
- Survivors, first-responders and public officials have observed a moment of silence near the Boston Marathon finish line to mark the moment two pressure cooker bombs exploded a year ago.
- Murrysville police Chief Thomas Seefeld said the bloody crime scene at Franklin Regional High School, some 15 miles east of Pittsburgh, was "vast" and may take a couple days to process.
- The National Highway Transportation and Safety Administration said Friday that the recall includes buckles used in a number of children’s convertible and booster seat models manufactured between 2011 and 2014.