CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) -- An autopsy shows a University of North Carolina Chapel Hill student died earlier this year after inhaling computer cleaning spray.
Chapel Hill police found 22-year-old Stedman English Gage of Wilmington unresponsive in his off-campus home on Feb. 22.
The autopsy was released Wednesday. It shows that emergency responders found a can of aerosol computer cleaning spray in the bed and several empty cans in the room.
Dr. Samuel Simmons with the North Carolina Medical Examiner's Office in Raleigh said Gage also had signs of cardiovascular disease, which would have made him more susceptible to the spray.
The death has been ruled an accident
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.