UNC student's death result of huffing

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. (AP) -- An autopsy shows a University of North Carolina Chapel Hill student died earlier this year after inhaling computer cleaning spray.

Chapel Hill police found 22-year-old Stedman English Gage of Wilmington unresponsive in his off-campus home on Feb. 22.

The autopsy was released Wednesday. It shows that emergency responders found a can of aerosol computer cleaning spray in the bed and several empty cans in the room.

Dr. Samuel Simmons with the North Carolina Medical Examiner's Office in Raleigh said Gage also had signs of cardiovascular disease, which would have made him more susceptible to the spray.

The death has been ruled an accident


Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to webmaster@wvlt-tv.com. Please provide detailed information.

powered by Disqus

WVLT VOLUNTEER TV

6450 Papermill Drive Knoxville, TN 37919 Phone - (865) 450-8888; Fax - (865) 450-8869
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2014 WVLT-TV Inc. - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 206863111 - local8now.com/a?a=206863111