NEW YORK (AP) -- A dog owner says she thinks there's a chance her prized pet was deliberately poisoned while competing at the Westminter Kennel Club show, causing it to die several days later.
Lynette Blue tells The Associated Press that her 3-year-old Samoyed named Cruz probably swallowed poison during the recent show.
But she said Thursday she's not sure how it happened, and may never know.
The dog's death was first reported by The New York Times.
Westminster issued a statement Thursday saying it wasn't aware of any dogs ever being poisoned at its show. The 137th Westminster drew 2,721 entries earlier this month.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.