Ex-Elmo actor welcomes dismissal of 2 NY lawsuits

NEW YORK (AP) -- Former Elmo puppeteer Kevin Clash says through a lawyer that he's pleased a New York judge has tossed out three lawsuits accusing him of sexually abusing teenage boys.

Attorney Michael Berger said Monday that his client looks forward to the day when he tells his story free of innuendo and false claims.

Lawyers for three men who filed lawsuits say Clash hasn't heard the last from them. An appeal is planned.

Clash resigned last year after a lawsuit seeking more than $5 million accused him of having sex with a 15-year-old boy years ago.

The judge said all three men waited too long to file lawsuits.


Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to webmaster@wvlt-tv.com. Please provide detailed information.

powered by Disqus

WVLT VOLUNTEER TV

6450 Papermill Drive Knoxville, TN 37919 Phone - (865) 450-8888; Fax - (865) 450-8869
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2014 WVLT-TV Inc. - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 213919651