Fire damages home with ties to Jesse James

GEORGETOWN, Ky. (AP) -- A blaze has damaged a historic home in central Kentucky that has ties to outlaw Jesse James.

Fire crews in Scott County told WKYT-TV ) that they were called to the Stamping Ground home early Thursday after a fire started in a chimney connected to a wood-burning stove. The structure is listed with the Kentucky Historical Society as the location where the parents of Jesse James were married.

The station reports the home didn't receive heavy damage, but some historical documents were destroyed.

None of the four residents at the home reported being injured.


WVLT VOLUNTEER TV

6450 Papermill Drive Knoxville, TN 37919 Phone - (865) 450-8888; Fax - (865) 450-8869
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2014 WVLT-TV Inc. - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 177997951 - local8now.com/a?a=177997951