MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) -- A Memphis Fire Department spokesman says a man was sickened by a product, which then caused four hospital workers to be overcome.
Spokesman Wayne Cooke says a 62-year-old man came to the Veterans Administration Medical Center about 7:30 a.m. Friday. He was vomiting and complained of nausea and difficulty breathing.
VA spokeswoman Willie Logan said the four employees immediately began feeling nauseous from an odor coming from the patient.
Logan said the patient has been cleaned and put in the intensive care unit. She said two workers were sent home and two others were allowed to allowed to continue working.
A hazardous materials team was sent to the man's home to find what sickened him.
Cooke said no other patients at the hospital were affected.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.