JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (AP) -- A building inspection at a Johnson City day care center has found high levels of carbon monoxide, but it did not cause problems for anyone inside.
Johnson City Fire Capt. Mark Scott says carbon monoxide was detected in the mechanical room at Kinder-Care during a routine inspection Thursday. He says the area was not occupied by any children and did not pose an immediate threat.
The incident was the second case of high carbon monoxide levels in the area this week. Fourteen people, including eight children, were hospitalized Sunday after a carbon monoxide leak at the Golden Corral restaurant.
Fire officials say there is no connection between the incidents.
(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.