SHELBYVILLE, Tenn. (AP/WVLT) -- A 2-year-old girl has died after a blaze broke out at her grandmother's home.
The Shelbyville Times-Gazette reports the fire was reported late Saturday morning. Shelbyville Fire Chief Ricky McConnell said he thinks the blaze began with an electrical problem and originated in the room where the girl died.
The child's grandmother suffered minor burns, but was able to get out of the house. Her grandfather wasn't injured.
Sgt. Brian Crews of the Shelbyville Police Department said the grandparents were watching the girl while the child's mother worked.
The girl's identity wasn't immediately released.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.