NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- A state prosecutor says the man who lost control of his dragster and killed six spectators at a summer festival in Selmer will accept a plea deal.
District Attorney General Michael Dunavant told The Associated Press on Tuesday that Troy Critchley is scheduled to accept the deal at a hearing on Thursday.
Administrative Office of the Courts spokeswoman Sue Allison also confirmed the hearing in a news release.
Critchley, a professional driver from Texas, faces multiple charges of vehicular homicide and reckless aggravated assault in last year's crash at the Cars for Kids festival.
The dragster was being put through tire-burning stunts on an open city street when it spun into a crowd of unprotected spectators. Besides the six young people killed, more than two dozen other spectators were hurt, many seriously.
No one else has been charged, but a review of a Highway Patrol investigation into the crash is ongoing.
(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.