President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama return to the White House, Saturday, May 5, 2012, in Washington. President Obama made campaign visits to Columbus, Ohio and Richmond, Va. during his first official day of campaigning for a second term. (AP Photo/Richard Lipski)
MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) -- Two teens are being transferred to adult court on charges they brutally beat a 16-year-old Memphis boy who identified his alleged attackers in juvenile court.
The Commercial Appeal reports that the 16-year-old boy told a judge that after he was beaten, passers-by laughed and kept walking. The teen says a 16-year-old female high school classmate picked him and pulled him a few blocks to his home.
The beating victim's mother took him to a hospital. The boy had been bloodied and left unconscious during the beating, suffering a concussion, a gash on his forehead and a broken knuckle.
Special Judge Herb Lane transferred the two 17-year-old suspects to adult court on aggravated assault charges. The Associated Press is withholding all the involved teens' identities because they are minors.