Burn permits needed beginning Oct. 15

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- The middle of October brings about the need for property owners to get permits for any outside burning of brush or debris.

From Oct. 15 through May 15, burn permits are required and are issued by the state Division of Forestry, depending upon moisture and winds.

Anyone starting an open fire within 500 feet of a forest, grassland or woodland needs a permit. They are not required for fires in burn barrels with mesh screen covers.

Permits for weekends and holidays must be obtained during the week.

The permits are free and can by obtained by telephone. The agency's Web site has a phone number posted for each county: http://burnsafetn.org/burn_permit.html

You must be logged in to post comments.

Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:


6450 Papermill Drive Knoxville, TN 37919 Phone - (865) 450-8888; Fax - (865) 450-8869
Copyright © 2016 WVLT-TV Inc. - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 64046257 - local8now.com/a?a=64046257
Gray Television, Inc.