NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- About 30 people are without a home after a blaze at condominium development in Hermitage.
District Fire Chief Ricky Taylor told WSMV-TV the fire that began about 4:30 a.m. Sunday at the Jackson Meadows Condos was so intense when crews arrived, they immediately called for backup. Taylor said at one point, a propane tank exploded.
Resident Brandon Malone called it a "miracle" that he and others made it out alive. Malone says, "as we ran out, the back of the roof fell in."
He said he lost everything in the blaze.
Fire officials said they treated a female resident for smoke inhalation. Meanwhile, the Red Cross had arrived to assist victims.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.