NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- A Lebanon distribution plant was temporarily shut down and evacuated because of an ammonia leak.
WKRN-TV reports about 30 workers left Performance Food Group around 2:30 a.m. Thursday. They returned about four hours later.
Officials said the shutdown was due to an ammonia leak in a refrigeration system.
According to Battalion Chief Lee Bowling, ammonia is a corrosive gas that can burn airways and lungs if inhaled.
The company distributes seafood, meats, produce, and dairy to family and casual dining chains in 50 states and 41 countries. Its clients include Cracker Barrel, Outback Steakhouse and Ruby Tuesdays.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.