COLLIERVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- A Collierville man has died in a fire at his home.
City Fire Chief Jerry Crawford told The Commercial Appeal a space heater started the fire. The body of 55-year-old Denley Andrews was found on a couch where he often slept.
Crawford said the pilot light on the furnace had gone out and Andrews and 49-year-old Terry Maness, who also lived in the home, were using heaters to keep warm. Maness was awakened by a fire alarm late Saturday night, but couldn't awaken Andrews.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.