Fire reduces country star's home to ashes

The Brentwood home of country music star Trace Adkins is destroyed after it catches on fire. The fire started around 4 p.m. Saturday and completely gutted the home.

Firefighters say a dryer fell over and exploded.

Adkins is out of town and doesn't know about the fire yet.

Fire officials say his children were home with a nanny when the fire broke out.

But everyone, including all of the family's pets in the home, got out safely.

According to the Tennessean, Adkins is in Alaska and his wife Rhonda was in Atlanta. She arrived home about 10 minutes before the fire started.

Neighbors showed their support by bringing food and drinks and even watermelon to the family and firefighters battling the blaze.

The entire Brentwood Fire Department had been called to help put out the blaze.


Join the Conversation!

To comment, the following rules must be followed:

  • No Obscenity, Profanity, Vulgarity, Racism or Violent Descriptions
  • No Negative Community Comparisons
  • No Fighting, Name-calling, or Personal Attacks
  • Multiple Accounts are Not Allowed
  • Stay on Story Topic

Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.

Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to webmaster@wvlt-tv.com. Please provide detailed information.

powered by Disqus

WVLT VOLUNTEER TV

6450 Papermill Drive Knoxville, TN 37919 Phone - (865) 450-8888; Fax - (865) 450-8869
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2014 WVLT-TV Inc. - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 123173708 - local8now.com/a?a=123173708