MORRISTOWN, Tenn. (AP) -- Fire officials in Morristown have ruled a fatal fire accidental.
The apartment fire early this month killed 10-month-old Briana Hidrogo.
Morristown Fire Chief Bill Honeycutt told the Citizen Tribune the fire could have been sparked by an electrical fault in a cord to a space heater. Honeycutt also said there were combustible materials close to the heater.
The blaze broke out shortly after midnight on Feb. 3, and Honeycutt said firefighters were at the scene within four minutes of the call.
Authorities said the child and her mother were asleep when the apartment caught fire.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.