CHATTANOOGA, Tenn. (AP) -- Chattanooga firefighters responding to a house fire had a scary moment when a live electrical wire fell across a fire engine.
It happened early Wednesday. Fire department spokesman Bruce Garner said the firefighters avoided electrocution by jumping from the engine, rather than stepping from it, so it did not create a circuit ground. There were no injuries.
The small wood frame house was vacant and was boarded up. A neighbor reported seeing a homeless man in the house recently, so firefighters searched to make certain no one was inside. No one was found.
The neighbor was taken to a hospital with burns to his hand from trying to pry boards off a window.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.