Franklin man claims shooting of contractor accidental

FRANKLIN, Tenn. (AP) -- A man arrested in the wounding of a contractor in his Franklin neighborhood told police the shooting was accidental.

Franklin Police said in a news release that 38-year-old Mark Anthony Nelson surrendered Tuesday night and was charged with aggravated assault and evidence tampering.

Police said Nelson told them he was handling a rifle in his garage when it discharged on Sunday. Two doors down, 48-year-old Hildefonso Cocuyo felt a sharp pain in his back and had other workers take him to an emergency room where it was found he had been shot with a small-caliber bullet.

Police said the tampering charge was added because Nelson disassembled the rifle after the incident.

A telephone call left at the number listed for Nelson on Wednesday morning wasn't immediately returned.


You must be logged in to post comments.

Username:
Password (case sensitive):
Remember Me:

WVLT VOLUNTEER TV

6450 Papermill Drive Knoxville, TN 37919 Phone - (865) 450-8888; Fax - (865) 450-8869
Copyright © 2015 WVLT-TV Inc. - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 144633075 - local8now.com/a?a=144633075
Gray Television, Inc.