ELIZABETHTON, Tenn. (AP) -- An Elizabethton man says helping a neighbor save his house from a fire was just returning a favor.
Dave Smith told the Johnson City Press he was driving up to his house Monday afternoon when he saw smoke and knew instantly his new propane grill had exploded.
Smith began spraying his house and deck with a garden hose and was quickly joined by neighbors Kendal Hartman and Terry Morris, who also brought hoses. By the time firefighters arrived, the flames were out. The deck was charred and vinyl siding melted on the side of the house.
Hartman reminded Smith that about 10 years ago Smith was going to work when he saw Hartman's house on fire and ran inside to make sure everyone was safely out.
Information from: Johnson City Press, http://www.johnsoncitypress.com
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.