SHELBYVILLE, Tenn. (AP) -- A Middle Tennessee man credits his three Jack Russell terriers with saving him from a mobile home fire.
According to the Shelbyville Times Gazette, the fire broke out early Monday at the trailer where Doyce Mitchell lived.
Mitchell told the newspaper he would have died had the dogs -- which he called his boys -- not barked and awakened him.
The blaze began at an electrical fuse box that was mounted on an outside wall of the mobile home. Mitchell said he had been smelling burned rubber or plastic for a couple of days before the fire broke out. The walls of the trailer remained, but the inside was gutted by the fire.
Mitchell said his property was insured.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.