TALLADEGA, Ala. (AP) -- Authorities have identified a Tennessee man who died of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning in his mobile home at the Talladega Superspeedway.
Talladega County Deputy Coroner Larry Seals said Monday that 46-year-old Craig Morgan was found dead in his motor home near the racetrack on Saturday afternoon. Investigators have said Morgan's wife was also taken to UAB Hospital in critical condition.
Seals says he's unsure of where in Tennessee the couple was from.
Sheriff Jimmy Kilgore has said friends the couple went to the NASCAR race with found them unresponsive inside the motor home.
Seals told WBRC-TV the couple was likely using a gas stove for heat and there was a problem with the generator's exhaust system
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.