KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (WVLT) -- Wednesday is National HIV Testing Day, a nationwide event to promote free HIV testing, and health workers in Knox County will bring it to the Knoxville area.
Knox County Health Dept. Director Dr. Martha Buchanan said in a statement, "No matter your age, race, sex or sexual orientation, HIV doesn't discriminate. You should know your status."
Free and confidential testing will be offered at the following places:
- All Knox County Health Dept. Clinics Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., and you can find all those locations at the link below.
- Walgreens at 2400 N. Broadway at the intersection with Coker Ave. will host free and confidential testing from 12 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Hope Resource Center at 2700 Painter Ave. in Knoxville
-Planned Parenthood of Middle and East Tenn. at 710 N. Cherry St. in Knoxville
- Helen Ross McNabb Center at 205 W. Springdale Ave. in Knoxville
- Blount County Health Dept. at 301 McGee St. in Maryville
- Anderson County Health Dept. at 710 N. Main St. in Clinton
- Loudon Co. Dept. of Health at 600 Rayder Ave. in Loudon
- Monroe County Health Dept. at 3469 New Hwy 68 in Madisonville Tenn.
- Morgan County Health Dept. at 1111 Knoxville Hwy. in Wartburg
- Union County Health Dept. at 4335 Maynardville Hwy. in Maynardville
- Campbell County Health Dept. at 162 Sharp Perkins Rd. in Jacksboro
- Saturday at the Healthy Community Health Fair at Walter P. Taylor Homes on McConnell St. from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please provide detailed information.