MIDDLETOWN, Conn. (AP) -- Officials say a fire alarm that went off at a Connecticut high school was activated by a student's "overabundance" of body spray in a locker room.
Firefighters were called to Middletown High School shortly after 3 p.m. Thursday.
Officials told The Middletown Press that the student used an excessive amount of the scented spray and created a cloud of mist right below a heat sensor, which tripped the fire alarm.
Firefighters allowed students and teachers to return to the building shortly after arriving.
Officials deemed the call a "routine accidental."
© 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.