BETHLEHEM, Pa. (AP) — A Pennsylvania high school wants its students to cut back on the body spray.
Freedom High School in Bethlehem says one of its students was recently taken to a hospital after being exposed to Axe Body Spray. Now, officials are asking students to stop using it as a cologne or fragrance while attending the school.
Unilever, which makes Axe, says it is looking into the report. The company says in a statement that the safety and well-being of users "is always our first priority" and consumers with concerns should call the toll-free number on the back of the package.
School officials say the affected student is severely allergic to the spray. It wasn't immediately clear what type of reaction the student had or what chemical may have been involved.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.