BETHLEHEM, Pa. (AP) — A Pennsylvania high school wants its students to cut back on the body spray.
Freedom High School in Bethlehem says one of its students was recently taken to a hospital after being exposed to Axe Body Spray. Now, officials are asking students to stop using it as a cologne or fragrance while attending the school.
Unilever, which makes Axe, says it is looking into the report. The company says in a statement that the safety and well-being of users "is always our first priority" and consumers with concerns should call the toll-free number on the back of the package.
School officials say the affected student is severely allergic to the spray. It wasn't immediately clear what type of reaction the student had or what chemical may have been involved.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
While WVLT allows comments on articles, we ask that you respect the online community. Comments may be removed at any time for violations including:
Comments may be checked for inappropriate content or rule violation, but the station is under no legal obligation to monitor or remove comments. If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.