THE HAGUE, Netherlands (AP) -- The chief prosecutor of the International Criminal Court says he is investigating an attack by Sudanese troops on a refugee camp that left dozens of civilians dead last month.
Luis Moreno-Ocampo says he is considering adding the attack to a list of allegations against Sudanese President Omar al-Bashir.
The Aug. 25 attack at Kalma camp reportedly left 32 people dead including women and children.
In July, Moreno-Ocampo asked judges to issue an arrest warrant for al-Bashir on genocide charges for allegedly leading a five-year campaign of murder and rape against civilians in Darfur.
Moreno-Ocampo said Friday he is trying to find out if the Kalma camp attack was an isolated incident or part of a new government policy.
(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)