PARIS (AP) -- A Jack Russell terrier has survived after being poisoned and buried alive -- and he can thank the man who saw the ground wiggle.
Ethan had a whole chain of saviors: the man who dug him up, firefighters and a veterinarian who nursed him back to life.
Sabrina Zamora, president of an animal association in Charleville-Mezieres, 200 kilometers (125 miles) north of Paris, said Friday the little dog was "flat as a pancake" Tuesday when he was dug up from his grave.
Veterinarian Philippe Michon called the rescue "miraculous" -- saying that Ethan's cold body was so compressed from being buried it was hard to find a vein to hydrate him.
Ethan was identified through a microchip that showed all this happened on his third birthday.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.