FILE - In this July 27, 2012 file photo, Britain's Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh attends the Opening Ceremony at the 2012 Summer Olympics. Buckingham Palace said Wednesday, Aug. 15, 2012 that the queen's husband, Prince Philip, has been taken to a Scottish hospital as "a precautionary measure." (AP Photo/Jae C. Hong, File)
LONDON (AP) — Britain's Prince Philip has walked out of a London hospital, 10 days after undergoing exploratory surgery on his abdomen.
The prince smiled as he walked steadily from the London Clinic on Monday.
The husband of Queen Elizabeth II, who turned 92 last week, had an operation June 7.
Officials have not released details about his condition, but have said he is making satisfactory progress.
They have said they expect him to spend two months convalescing.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.