1. How can the close call with Prairie View, aside from being a win, help UT the rest of the year?
A - "There aren't going to be many opponents the rest of the way that we will have to worry about our guys getting up for. Prairie View played an inspired game. We've had so many lower-ranked opponents that I couldn't get them up this time. We are a work in progress. It was a wake-up call."
2. How does Ryan Childress' consistently scrappy play contribute to the Vols' team play?
A - "Ryan is synonymous with the way we play. He always plays hard, always plays physically and always battles. He gives you his best."
3. What are the standards that guide you in deciding the amount of playing time for the Vols?
A - "We keep the plus and minus chart about when you were on the floor. How did the team fare? Other factors, like academics, also figure in."
4. How big a stumbling block will Middle Tennessee present Tuesday (7:30E) at Thompson-Boling Arena?
A - "I think they did a lot of things in the off-season to get ready for this game. They played us well last year. A win over Tennessee makes their season. They are a good, capable opponent."
5. Tell what you look for from West Virginia Friday (9:00E) in the Legends Classic at Newark, N.J.
A - "A big, big team with great ability to shoot. Now, coached by Bob Huggins, they will be a much more physical defensive team. It will be another step up on our schedule."
Story Courtesy: UT Sports Information
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.