Big Orange Fans asked to take part in two National Basketball Fan Polls
Dominique Redding has been nominated by a coach’s poll as one of the top five women BB players ever to come out of the Tampa Bay Florida area. These women will be honored on April 7 at the Final Four in Tampa.
• Helped lead Tennessee to its first NCAA Championship since 1998
• Scored an NCAA personal-best 10 points against Drake in just 13 minutes of action.
• Named to the SEC All-Academic Team
• Scored eight points for her team at LSU to help clinch the SEC regular season title. Named the Lady Vol Player of the Game for her key performance.
• Named the Lady Vol Player of the Game against Louisiana Tech after a career-high 13 points on 6-of-10 shooting from the field. Also added a block and three rebounds in just 18 minutes.
• A sizzling 9-of-11 from the field, including 2-of-2 from beyond the arc against the Lady Eagles of Carson-Newman. Grabbed five boards to go along with her 20 points in 21 minutes of action. Named the Lady Vol Player of the Game for her efforts.
• Earned her first career start in the Feb. 12 game against Vanderbilt where she scored four points and added three assists.
• Shot 81.6 percent from the free throw line, missing on only seven attempts all season
• Played in 31 games
• Provided a spark off the bench in the win against top-ranked LSU in the SEC Tournament championship game, totaling seven points (on 3-of-3 shooting) in just eight minutes of action
• As a rookie, Dominique played in 30 games
• Was instant offense versus DePaul in the overtime win, scoring six points in five minutes
• Named to the Dean’s List at UT
• Earned a spot on the 2004 SEC Freshman Academic Honor Roll.
Points: 13 vs. Louisiana Tech (11-28-06)
Rebounds: 8 vs. Mississippi (2-6-05)
Assists: 7 vs. Florida (2-26-06)
Steals: 2 vs. Florida (1-11-07)*
Blocks: 1 vs. Mississippi State (1-18-07)*
Field Goals: 6 vs. Louisiana Tech (11-28-06)
Three-pointers: 2 vs. LSU (2-19-07)*
Free Throws: 6 vs. Alabama (2-27-05)*
Minutes: 22 vs. Vanderbilt (1-19-06)*
The Tampa Tribune is now accepting votes from the “fans” to pick the number one player. Wouldn’t it be great if Dominique was chosen to receive this distinctive honor? Please vote for her and get the word out to as many of her fans as you can. The voting ends on March 16.
You can vote at the following link:
Chris Lofton is up for the Lowe's Senior Class Award, vote for him using this link:
Story Courtesy: Tennessee Sports Information
To comment, the following rules must be followed:
Comments may be monitored for inappropriate content, but the station is under no legal obligation to do so.
If you believe a comment violates the above rules, please use the Flagging Tool to alert a Moderator.
Flagging does not guarantee removal.
Multiple violations may result in account suspension.
Decisions to suspend or unsuspend accounts are made by Station Moderators.
Links require admin approval before posting.
Questions may be sent to email@example.com. Please provide detailed information.