Hazy, humid, strong storms possible Tuesday
Today's high in Knoxville was 89 degrees at 4:51 PM at McGhee Tyson Airport. This morning's low was 70 degrees.
Airport rain today: Trace Trace of rain for September 29.26 inches of rain and melted snow since January 1, 2014...4.44 inches BELOW NORMAL for the year. Peak wind gust today: 23 mph Tonight, spotty showers fade early, scattered clouds, muggy, sunrises at 7:09 AM. Look for a low of 71 degrees. Winds: SSW 3-8 mph The normal or average low for this time of year is 66 degrees. Knoxville on Tuesday (Hazy, humid, pop-up storms, some of which could be strong to severe, 40% chance, highs: 87 to 90 degrees) 5 AM 71 degrees.......Scattered clouds 8 AM 73 degrees.......Hazy sun, humid Noon 85 degrees.......Partly cloudy, SW 5-10 + mph 5 PM 90 degrees.......Mostly cloudy, showers & storms, 40% chance, strong to severe possible **Heat index or "feels like" temperatures: lower to mid 90s** Sunsets 8:02 PM Tuesday night: Mostly cloudy, humid, evening showers & storms, 60% chance, some could be strong, low of 69 degrees Wednesday: Partly to mostly cloudy, humid, showers & storms, 40% chance, high of 87 degrees Thursday: Partly cloudy, scattered showers & storms, 40% chance, high of 90 degrees Knoxville on Tuesday (Hazy, humid, pop-up storms, some of which could be strong to severe, 40% chance, highs: 87 to 90 degrees) Knoxville 90 degrees Maryville 90 degrees Mascot 87 degrees Luttrell 88 degrees Farragut 90 degrees Oak Ridge 90 degrees Dandridge 89 degrees Oneida 86 degrees Crossville 86 degrees LaFollette 89 degrees Wartburg 87 degrees Tazewell 87 degrees Sneedville 87 degrees Morristown 89 degrees Rutledge 89 degrees Newport 87 degrees Kingston 88 degrees Madisonville 89 degrees Sevierville 86 degrees Gatlinburg 81 degrees David Aldrich Chief Meteorologist VLT Local 8 Weather Knoxville, TN firstname.lastname@example.org