Stories are loved by every age group. Even to understand the most important lessons of life stories are the way out. But have you ever imagined what makes up the stories? You may have many thoughts. The answer is simple. People make up the stories. People like you and me. But I am sure that you and I have not done any single act in our life that it became a story.
Let’s talk about the individuals who are worthy to be taught from generation to generation so that direction and standards can be set in one’s life. But wait…wait…! I don’t think you are here to read long biographies. Relax my friend! I am also not telling you such things.
We’ll talk about the incredible equipment used by such brave people of history, which helps them to be in the history books. Yes… you are thinking right we’ll discuss the Japanese Katana.
There may be a lot of questions in your mind related to the Japanese katana, its importance, and significance, its price, and the place where you can buy it. Not only Katana there are several other manual weapons used by Japanese people. You can also get information about them.
History of the Katana
Samurai The well-known warriors of Japanese history hold katana as their signature weapon. The weapons can be a piece of decoration for today’s generation but for samurai, it is a symbol of integrity, justice, power, and dominance. Katana not only presents the Japanese culture but also reflects some interesting facts about history.
Things are not discovered by magic, it takes time for a thing to become iconic. The same is the case with Katana. During the Heian period wars gradually increased, and there was a need for weapons that assisted warriors in dealing with the enemy from close. So Tachi was discovered at that time. But the problem is that tachi has such a long blade that it makes it difficult to catch the enemy in the angle.
During the Muromachi period katana gains popularity because of its shorter blade. This was the period when the katana became the favorite weapon of the samurai warriors.
Katana is a medium-length blade that is designed to be used with a two-handed grip as opposed to the one-handed grip of a classical Western sword. It is still used today although not on the streets in Japan but still practiced as martial arts and there are still sword makers in Japan crafting these types of blades. In general, we can say Katana is a very fast, effective, and efficient cutting blade.
The Making of a Katana
To make a katana is not an easy task. That is the reason you will not find it in every country of the world. Only a skilled swordsmith who has talent from his forefathers can make genuine Katana. There are numerous processes and techniques to make a single Katana. It takes more than three months to complete the entire process.
First of all the steel is selected which is Damascus, Manganese, and Tamahagane steel. Then heating process begins along with several other chemical equipment. Then the best pieces from the mixture are selected and the hammering process begins. It is the point where the skills of swordsmith are to be shown.
After the above process, the focus is on the blade. It is not the single blade that makes up a katana, but there are multiple blades put together to make it classical. Then again hammering takes place. After this, the final product is again heated at the specified temperature. Finally, the polishing and handle materials are decided.
The Use of the Katana
- In family gatherings especially weddings or some other religious ceremonies most people in Japan use Katana to show off power and dominance. More than tradition Katana used to show one dominance over the other.
- Although it sounds weird that such a powerful weapon can be used for self-defense, it is the fact that most people who use it do so.
- Martial arts is the most famous practice around the world. The majority of people use Katana for martial arts practice.
- The real purpose although is to use in warfare but not now because the modern types of equipment eliminate such formality to show power. Now you just kill the person with decency.
- If you want to purchase it as a decoration piece for your drawing room then it is not a bad idea. Because it will reflect your interest and way of thinking to people around you.
- Purchasing a katana as a history lover is a rare thing but it is the most special thing. If you want to purchase it for such a cause then hands off to you.
Features of katana
Here are some of the key features of a katana:
- Katana is slightly curved and not simply straight. This shape is not to make flex but it serves reason. The curved blade allows the attacker to pull it back and to hold a stronger grip.
- You may find it weird but Katana is slightly flexible. That is the real strength. No matter how powerful the attack of the enemy is, Katana will stop it with flexibility and strength.
- Katana is also used to make world records. The famous swordsmith Isao Machii cuts 11 swords in one second using the Katana which is a great achievement.
- Katna is not only used by samurais but ninjas and ‘onna-musha’ also used it.
- The most liked feature of the katana is its balance. It provides the holder with the confidence he needs to use that weapon.
Katana is the historical weapon used by the samurais and some other japanese forces in the past. Now it become a part of culture and a sign of integrity and power all around the world. Many people around the world are interested in buying it. If you are one of them then you can click the link goven below so that you can buy genuine Katana in your favorite colors and anime print.