Divine Net Worth: In today’s music industry, rapping is becoming a popular and favorite music style. Many youngsters started singing this style but very few get recognized. Divine is one of them who get fame at a very young age. Divine, or Vivian Fernandes, is a famous stage name for Vivian Fernandes. He is a rapper, singer, songwriter, and composer from India. Gully Boy catapulted him to stardom, even though he was already a big name in the industry. Apparently, the story revolves around his life. Within a night, his “Kohinoor” music became renowned, and it is hard to imagine you might have never heard of him. So, let’s learn more about Divine and his background.
Divine, a renowned Indian singer, was born Vivian Fernandes on 2nd October 1990 in Mumbai, Maharastra.
His parents were conservative orthodox Christians from a lower-middle-class background.
At a very young age, his father left the family. Growing up in J B Nagar Andheri Mumbai, he had no parents.
As a student, Vivian excelled. In Mumbai, India, he completed his education at St. John The Evangelist High School. His passion for rap music dates back to his college days.
In order to support the family, his mother worked as a human being and ultimately moved to Qatar for a higher salary. The mother leaves him at their grandmother’s house with their older brother.
After a few months, Anthony Fernandes, his older brother, traveled to Qatar to help his mother. At the age of 14, Vivian began to live a lonely existence and later moved into the Mumbai neighborhood of Chawl.
He used to practice rap songs in divinity and peach during his school days with his mother at a church in Marol, and from there evolved into a Divine rapper.
His first attempts at rapping were in English because Eminem and 50 Cent’s tracks were in English, but soon realized that Hindi was easier and more natural for him, so he switched to Hindi.
As soon as he graduated from college, his mother gave him a microphone and a computer so he could start his own rapping studio.
It took him a year to post his first YouTube song, Voice of the Street, but it received little attention. A few months later, he releases Yeh Mera Bombay – featuring both RJV and Sez, a solo hit song shot all over Mumbai. He recorded Coming for You with his Nokia N8 smartphone.
His famous song Yeh Mera Bombay won the Rolling Stone India Award for Best Video Of The Year.
After performing at the Blue Fogg Festival 2014 in Mumbai, India, he was offered a contract by Sony Music India, a major music label.
Sony Music India signed him up and he released Meri Gully Mein – Divine feat. Naezy on April 16, 2015. The video went viral, and many Bollywood stars praised these two musicians on their social media profiles.
Previously, Divine collaborated with DJ Nucleya, a popular EDM artist.
Divine and Nucleya collaborated to create Jungle Raja, which was published on Nucleya’s album Bass Rani and became an instant hit.
later In the 2015 GIIMA Awards, the EDM tune received Best Trac Of The Year.
Many rap vocalists have worked with him, including Raja Kumari, Deep Jandu, Gangis Khan, among others.
RDivine Net Worth
NetWorthSpot estimates Divine Net Worth at $1-5 million. However, the exact amount is not known. The forecast, however, assumes Divine has a single revenue source. It is possible that Divine’s net worth is substantially higher than estimated. When considering other revenue streams for a YouTuber, some publications estimate Divine’s net worth closer to $12.7 million.
Honors and Awards
- Divine was named Best Video Of The Year by Yeh Mera Bombay in the 2013 Rolling Stone India Awards.
- Divine was named the best musician of the year at the 2018 Outlook Social Media Awards.
- Jungle Raja (Bass Rani) by Nucleya won Divine the GIMA Award for Best EDM Track of the Year in 2019.
- Divine (Gully Gang) was named one of India Nightlife Convention & Award’s Top 5 Brands/Singers/Songwriters of the Year in 2019.
- Divine and Ankur Tiwari won the 65th Filmfare Awards for Best Lyrics Apna Time Aayega (Gully Boy) starring Ranveer Singh in 2020.
Some Other Facts
- Divine assembled a Mumbai-based group of rappers and other musicians, as well as a music label known as Gully Gang.
- Beatboxing is a music genre that Divine despises.
- Divine is the first Indian musician to have a solo album released by Apple Music in the United States.
- He is the first Indian rapper to rap in freestyle in Hindi for the BBC 1 radio show ‘Fire in the Booth’ series.
- Travel and gymnastics are two of his favorite pastimes.
- He has a house and a tree tattooed on his right forearm, as well as a bird’s wings tattoo on the right side of his chest.
- He is a resident of J’s chawl. Andheri, Mumbai’s B. Nagar.
- On October 8, 2018, Anand Mahindra, head of the Mahindra Group, presented him with a “Mahindra Thar CRDe.”